Share your thoughts on the newest version of Distinc.tt

Let's not let people over 18 interact with minors

i love the idea of a dating app for LGBT people but pls pls pls try to make it impossible for people over 18 to talk to minors. it's not safe.

173 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I just accidentally responded with a joke comment to a 14 year old... Except I didn't realise she was 14 at first and taking that into consideration it wasn't funny at all and may have hurt her feelings... Now feel awful about it.

Another reason to have age segregation... So idiots like me don't accidentally say inappropriate things to minors.

Discussions around dating are very age-specific and it's not immediately obvious from tiny profile pictures the age of who you're talking to.

Ugh I feel so bad about this...

• JamesJames commented  · 

From what iv read below there are two good option that we need 1 for older people who do not want anyone under 18 contacting them there should be an option in the settings and 2 for all members a easy acsesseble report button in the message area if somone is sending dudes wher ut be a young to old or old to young the importent thing should be we all feal safe ?

• JakeJake commented  · 

It's disgusting that

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Agree or disagree, look at the problem this will fix, and the problems this will cause.
        Someone 50 can easily just make another account at 14, they probably do that now, so this will not change.
        Someone 50 can pressure a minor for dirty pictures. This happens, this will be fixed with the app.
        Its worth doing if it takes out half of whats happening. Maybe let 18yrs talk with 17s but like, not 30yrs with 14yrs. It can be dangerous and ruin the apps healthy/clean environment

• JJ commented  · 

Disagree, this app isn't dating based; rather, community oriented, and it would be harmful to hold people back from meeting potential LGBTQ mentors. Also, if someone chooses to use this app for dating, it would be unfortunate for people who are 16-19 to not be able to meet other people around their age group simply because of the 1-3 year difference of age restricting them. I understand the fear of minor-adult sexual interaction, I really do, but I think that people who are adults could still use this app very easily by lying, and people who would benefit from the current age rules vastly outnumber the people who would be harmed.

• TerubonzuTerubonzu commented  · 

It's a good idea but, this is more of a community app than a dating app. It would be nice to have an 18+ option but in reality, were all going to be 18 in less than 4 years

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please let this happen! I love the idea of people around my age only being able to talk to me

• ReeecReeec commented  · 

I disagree because when I'm 17 I would want a bf 18-22 ish I only usually go for older guys I'm 15 now and 5 years difference is fine with me !! But I guess that's because I've grown up with adults and all my friends are older so im more mature than most people in my age group xx

• MikeMike commented  · 

I agree older men should not be talking to kids but online it is going to happen and therefore the only people to blame if something illegal occurs is the kids parents for not monitering there child and who the child is contacting

• DevineDevine commented  · 

I don't agree with this because than minirs who want to talk to people 18-21 can't even if it's friendly. The legal age of consent most places is 16.

Feedback and Knowledge Base